Bougainvillea Shohin Bonsai Pruning

Bougainvillea Shohin Bonsai
It's been quite some time that I haven't posted on this blog because I just let my bougainvillea bonsai grow undisturbed for a couple of months. For now, I think they need a little bit of pruning. This is an update of my bougainvillea shohin bonsai.







For about 4 months, I just let this bougainvillea bonsai developed its branches and leaves. As you can see some of the leaves are a bit dry because of the very hot summer time we had. I should have watered it enough to prevent the leaves from drying out but rainy season is coming shortly and I know they will recover eventually. I also did some pruning to developed more branches. I found that clip and grow method works best especially for this type of plant for they are really very sensitive. As you can see on the picture I just leave a couple of millimeters from the node to the tip of the pruned portion of the branch so that the coming new shoot will have a room for growth.

Bougainvillea Shohin Bonsai Pruning Technique











My bougainvillea shohin bonsai after pruning.

Bougainvillea Shohin Bonsai

1 comments:

Thank you so much for this I've been looking for ways of tree care in Albuquerque, NM and this was really useful to me.

Post a Comment